Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wood Cutting and Clearing


This time of year, some may be preparing to fire up their wood stoves to heat their homes this winter. We have done that already and just love the warmth of wood heat. One of our neighbors wanted his woods cleaned out of dead trees, which works out perfectly for us because we know just the place to take the wood-our wood pile. This is another service that we offer. Cleaning out a woods of all the dead and fallen trees can be time consuming but looks so much nicer when finished.

Jon has the gear, the know how, and enjoys getting outdoors and using his chainsaw.
This is something I remember doing when I was a little girl. My dad would take me and my brother along when he cut wood, and we would build forts and use our imaginations in the deep dark forest. But it wasn't all play for us. We had to help load the wood into the truck and then pile it when we got home. This is something that we want our children to learn as well. It is so good to have children help, and I can remember it being fun. Little did I know that my parents were teaching me how to work and do what needed to be done in the family. That is what we want to instill in our children too. They love going to the woods with their Papa, and are becoming good little helpers.

This day of wood cutting came to a close. Time to pack up and head home where supper awaits. I wouldn't want my children following anybody else so closely as their Papa. If they walk in his footsteps, they will grow up to become respectful young adults who know how to work and serve others. That is one of our goals and if they can have fun learning it, then that is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment